"Beauty confronts us with the requirement that we place ourselves among...the redeemers, the leaders in the protection of life. Once you have seen the bush on fire, you are not going to get out of the assignment unless you close your eyes to the beauty.... [You] either have to close your eyes or go back to Egypt and set the people free." - Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker, "Rising to the Challenge of Our Times"

Saturday, October 01, 2005

tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Starting to get a little nervous. I began assembling all the bits & pieces of gear last night. We're spending the night in Vacaville with our friends there. Need to find out how long it should take to drive from Vacaville to Galt...mapquest here we come.

In two weeks there is an organized bike ride from Oroville to Quincy. Quincy is a cute little town in the mountains. I am stupidly tempted by it. Stupidly, I say, because the first 35 miles or so are uphill, and then there are about 30 more. My uphill riding achievements to date are somewhat modest in comparison. I wonder how far I could actually get. Maybe to mile 15? 10? Do I hear 5?

Bringing camera to the Tri so stay tuned.

No comments: