I've been trying to do some things that I've meant to do for a long time, that have been somewhat hanging over me and impeding my forward progress, much like big mean row of defensive linepersons in my head.
I have recently:
• made a list of my expenses and income
• determined that my income really needs to be a bit higher
• taken a flyer to the local law school offering myself for tutoring services (did this Thursday, flyer has to be approved by the Dean, and I'm hoping that when the students get their midterm grades back soon, I'll get a few bites)
• photographed some things for e-bay that I will list this weekend
• made a commitment to sort out some old bills by the end of the day today (though what is the 'end of the day' may be open to interpretation)
• decided to stop avoiding the library and pay my fines today so I can check out books again (though I've not yet left the house today, this is something I'm intending to do)
• taken some things to a jewelry store to find out what the cash value might be
• thought about playing my guitar on the outskirts of the farmers' market, but slept in and stayed in my pajamas half the day instead (so far)
• vacuumed, because you can do this wearing pajamas
• made some payments toward my sleep debt
• decided to make a get well / birthday / el dia de los muertos card for my sister (why send three cards when one really good one will do?)
Not all of these things have felt terribly good to do or to think about, but I think they will all make way toward feeling better.