"Beauty confronts us with the requirement that we place ourselves among...the redeemers, the leaders in the protection of life. Once you have seen the bush on fire, you are not going to get out of the assignment unless you close your eyes to the beauty.... [You] either have to close your eyes or go back to Egypt and set the people free." - Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker, "Rising to the Challenge of Our Times"

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thinky Face


I saw one earlier proof of this photo that included the rest of the guy on the left. Either he was aware of the camera and smiled deliberately, or he was really having fun. I thought I had fun too but it may not be apparent from this picture. Apparently this type of recreation, though "fun," does not alleviate brow furrowing. Someone should have warned me about twenty years ago that my forehead could get stuck that way, though maybe it was already too late by then. I think there may be photographic evidence of this. I may try to market my condition to a pharmaceutical company, as no doubt a lucrative treatment could be created: "Do people ask you 'what's wrong?' when nothing is wrong? Are you unable to stop your eyebrows from migrating together? Are you experiencing premature or excessive vertical creasing of the forehead? You may suffer from Thinky Face. Ask your doctor."

1 comment:

Stine said...

it's a good thing Facchino Photography doesn't follow me around in my daily dealings. I think there'd be a whole lotta pictures of my WTF?! face. And really, who needs to see that one?