"Beauty confronts us with the requirement that we place ourselves among...the redeemers, the leaders in the protection of life. Once you have seen the bush on fire, you are not going to get out of the assignment unless you close your eyes to the beauty.... [You] either have to close your eyes or go back to Egypt and set the people free." - Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker, "Rising to the Challenge of Our Times"

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sleep revisited


I was awake at 5:30 a.m. this morning. What's up with THAT? Overall my sleep has been much better, however. My last refill of Ambien ran out in February and since then I've been learning about sleep-promoting herbs. Catnip (shown here) is one of my favorites but I have to protect my stash from Kato or else he starts rummaging through my bag for it. I have also stopped drinking coffee for awhile. I had some kind of 24hr flu about 10 days ago and didn't feel like drinking anything besides water and ginger ale, and I couldn't tell the difference between any caffeine withdrawals and leftover flu symptoms, so there was no grandiose battle of will involved.

No comments: