"Beauty confronts us with the requirement that we place ourselves among...the redeemers, the leaders in the protection of life. Once you have seen the bush on fire, you are not going to get out of the assignment unless you close your eyes to the beauty.... [You] either have to close your eyes or go back to Egypt and set the people free." - Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker, "Rising to the Challenge of Our Times"

Saturday, April 28, 2007

T minus 6 hours

In about an hour I'll be getting on road to the field. We're feeling thankful for a field to play on at this point...maybe I'll recap that story later. I'm nervous and not really hungry but it's going to be a long evening so I'm having mac & cheese (Annie's Organic Shells & Cheddar, the meal of champions, of course. Maybe I should approach them about sponsorship opportunities.)

We had a team meeting last night to put our new logo stickers on our helmets. The company that we ordered our homegame jerseys from blew it so we're wearing our away-game whites, but ya know, it's what's on the inside that'll count, I think.

Can't find the cable to connect my camera with the laptop right now...so stay tuned for the photos.

2 comments:

limes said...

I'll say your name tomorrow during the intercession-requesting portion of the services. In the most aggressive and kick ass way possible.

Alice said...

Costco carries Annies Shells and Cheese now, for just a little more than the price of Kraft, so once our supply runs out, we'll have to try Annies...

Good luck on (in?) your game.