"Beauty confronts us with the requirement that we place ourselves among...the redeemers, the leaders in the protection of life. Once you have seen the bush on fire, you are not going to get out of the assignment unless you close your eyes to the beauty.... [You] either have to close your eyes or go back to Egypt and set the people free." - Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker, "Rising to the Challenge of Our Times"

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gas-free holiday weekend

Since I didn't already have plans to go anywhere, this shouldn't be very hard. Just heard on NPR that 31 million Americans are projected to hit the highways this weekend. I'm going to leave my truck parked. The weather isn't very pretty right now either so it looks like it'll be good day for housekeeping. Or blogging and charting out new intra-state bike routes. (The inter-state routes I already have mapped.)

1 comment:

Alice said...

I wish we could have had a gas free weekend.

We went to Idaho. It was nice, but that extra $70 in gas really hurts the budget. No dining out this month I guess.

(Only one more week of school, the Mister can start riding his bike (bicycle) to work!)